Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hi, my name is...

Hi! My name is Jessica Folk. I'm a senior in Architecture graduating in May! I thought the day would never come considering I've been in school for 6 consecutive years. I started college in the fall of 2001 at Clemson majoring in Architecture. I spent three semesters pulling out my hair and decided to "enhance my creativity" by leaving Clemson and attending another institute. Since my Mother was head of IT at Converse College, I decided to go there considering it was tuition free. I spent a year there majoring in Interior Design and of course, "enhancing my creativity." However, I hated attending that school. It was the pure fact of having a parental figure on the payroll that made me dispise the place. So, after careful consideration, and after my parents said "no" to me going back to Clemson, I decided to transfer to USC-Upstate, a sister-school to USC-Columbia. I changed my major, then, to Graphic Communications and spent another year, of my already drawn out college career, trying to decide how to get out of school. The entire time I spent at the other two institutes, I couldn't push the idea of "what if" out of my mind. Clemson still had my heart, and my blood still ran orange. So, I did the impossible. After almost three years of being away from Clemson, I went against my parents' wishes, obtained the loans needed, and returned to Clemson University in the Spring of 2006. I love my major and the people I've met along the way. However, I can not WAIT to graduate May 9, 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for going for what you really wanted! It's really hard to do that sometimes, especially when you're young and your parents don't quite see your dream. I try to remember that with my kids, but I can also tell you - it's hard on the parent side of things too, lol. Anyway, glad you're here!